Report A Safety Concern, Unsafe Situation, or Emergency
Emergencies Dial 911
Any event (actual or potential) which is an immediate threat to health and safety.
- Medical Emergency
- Hazardous Material Release
- Natural/Weather Related Disaster
- Bomb Threat
- Criminal Activity
- On campus, this will contact the KU Public Safety Emergency Communications Center.
- A KU Police Officer and/or other appropriate emergency assistance will be immediately sent to the scene.
- In some instances you should evacuate the building to a safe area and for others you may need to seek safe shelter within the structure.
- If you know something or were a witness to what caused the emergency, then please report to the first responding KU Police personnel.
Emergency Phone Numbers
- KU Public Safety
- Emergency 911
- Non-emergency 785-864-5900
- KU Environment, Health & Safety
- Daytime Main Office (M-F, 8am - 5pm) 785-864-4089
- Daytime EHS Hazmat (M-F, 8am - 5pm) 785-864-2856
- After Hours/Weekend EHS Emergencies 785-864-5900
- KU Facilities Services
- Daytime Emergency Maintenance (M-F, 7:30 am - 5:00 pm) 785-864-4770
- After Hours/Weekend Emergency Maintenance 785-864-5900
Non-Emergency Safety Concern Reporting
Please contact KU-EHS via email email@example.com or telephone 785-864-4089.
If you prefer to make a Anonymous Concern Report, please click here.
Routine Assistance Contacts
- Submit a Workplace Injury/Illness Report to Human Resources
- Information/Questions contact Human Resources 785-864-4946
- Noxious Vapors, Odors, Smells, Concerns contact Environment, Health & Safety 785-864-4089
- Inadequate Ventilation/Airflow contact Facilities Operations 785-864-4770
Animal Experiments: Use Approval/Complaints contact Animal Care Unit 785-864-5587
Asbestos/Lead Paint Concerns: Contact Environment, Health & Safety 785-864-4089
Biological Hazards: Concerns, Use/Disposal contact Environment, Health & Safety 785-864-4089
Chemical Hazards: Concerns, Use/Disposal contact Environment, Health & Safety 785-864-4089
- Concerns/Complaints contact the University Fire Marshal 785-864-3431
- Empty Extinguishers contact Facilities Services 785-864-4770
- Hazardous Materials: Concerns, Use/Disposal contact Environment, Health & Safety 785-864-4089
- Human Experimentation: Approval/Concerns contact Human Subjects Committee - Lawrence Campus (HSC-L) 785-864-7429
On the Job Injuries Requiring Medical Treatment
- Emergency Medical Assistance 911
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital Emergency Department 785-749-6162
- LMH Business Health Center 785-505-3114
- Radioactive Materials: Concerns, Purchase/Use/Disposal contact Environment, Health & Safety 785-864-4089
- Safety Concerns: Unsafe Conditions/Practices contact Environment, Health & Safety 785-864-4089
- Safety Equipment: Selection Assistance contact Environment, Health & Safety 785-864-4089
- Safety Training: Manuals, Videos, Presentations,Classess contact Environment, Health & Safety 785-864-4089
- Temperature Control: Too Hot/Too Cold contact Facilities Operations +1-785-864-4770
- Traffic, Crime Prevention, or Security: contact Public Safety 785-864-5900
- Funny taste, smells, or color contact Environment, Health & Safety 785-864-4089
- Low Pressure/Flow contact Facilities Operations 785-864-4770
Workers Compensation: Information/Questions contact Human Resources 785-864-4946