We are an administrative services unit that reports to the Provost Office through the Vice Provost of Human Resources, Public Safety & Operations.
We are committed to aiding you in the protection of human health, safety and the environment in a manner that enhances the quality of education, research and public service on our campus.
Our mission is to:
(1) Assist faculty, staff, and students with designing facilities that meet safety requirements and with inculcating and implementing safe practices in the conduct and operation of University programs, activities, and facilities;
(2) Monitor campus activities to assure that Federal, State, Local, and University environmental, health and safety laws, regulations, ordinances, and policies are being followed;
(3) Carry out the assigned management responsibilities associated with the following campus environment, health and safety programs:
- Air Quality (Outdoor & Indoor)
- Asbestos Compliance and Removal
- Environmental Compliance, Protection and Impact Assessments
- Hazardous Materials: Use, Transportation, Disposal, Recycling & Waste Minimization
- Laboratory Safety: General, Biological, & Chemical
- Lead Based Paint Compliance & Removal
- Occupational Safety & Health Assistance
- Pollution Prevention
- Radiation & Laser Safety: Materials Procurement, Use & Disposal
- Water Quality, Storm Water & Wastewater Discharge