EHS is responsible for administering and monitoring the hazardous materials program efforts at the University of Kansas - Lawrence Campus.
Our goal is to prevent and/or minimize environmental/safety hazards and risk associated with campus activities utilizing hazardous materials.
We work closely with academic, research, and other campus units to assure that potential hazardous materials risks are identified and that proper controls are in place before and during any campus activity.
Hazardous Materials Services
- Hazardous Chemicals/Materials Pickups, Collection and Proper Disposal
- Hazardous Materials Shipping
- Hazardous Chemicals/Materials/Waste Container Label
- Waste Silica Gel Label
- Handling and Disposal of Common Wastes List
- Universal Waste Guidance (Lamps & Bulbs, Batteries, Mercury Containing Equipment & Pesticides)
- EHS Off-Boarding and Space Closeout Procedures
- Chemical Redistribution List
- KU-Hazardous Materials/Waste Manual