Role: The rDNA/Biosafety Committee is a subcommittee of the Laboratory Safety Committee.
An Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) is required at institutions that receive funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for research involving recombinant DNA molecules.
All recombinant DNA research at KU-Lawrence Campus, regardless of funding source, must be conducted in accordance with the NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant DNA Molecules and must be registered with the KU-LC IBC.
The IBC also serves as a resource to KU-EHS in the review and approval of research conducted with microorganisms pathogenic to humans, plants, or animals.
Dr. Steve Benedict,Professor,Molecular Biosciences
Committee MembersDr. Kristi Neufeld,Associate Professor,Molecular Biosciences
Mike Russell,Director, Environment, Health & Safety,(Institutional Biosafety Officer)
Dr. Jeff Barclay (Off-campus representative)
Kevin Kennedy (Off-campus representative)
- Next Meeting: TBD
- 02/10/2016 meeting minutes
- 11/17/2015 meeting minutes
- 10/27/2015 meeting minutes
- Feb. - Sept., 2015: No committee meetings. No protocols received requiring full committee review/approval.
- 01/15/2015 meeting minutes
- 01/07/2015 meeting minutes