EHS is responsible for administering and monitoring the hazardous materials program efforts at the University of Kansas - Lawrence Campus.
Our goal is to prevent and/or minimize environmental/safety hazards and risk associated with campus activities utilizing hazardous materials.
We work closely with academic, research, and other campus units to assure that potential hazardous materials risks are identified and that proper controls are in place before and during any campus activity.
Hazardous Materials Services
- HAZMAT/Waste Pickup Web Request for:
- Unwanted chemical removal
- Waste collection container(s) - Available containers
- Lab cleanouts
- Mercury thermometer exchange for spirit thermometer
- Mixed Waste -- Radioactive and Hazardous Materials (uranium, thorium, and other solvents with radioactive materials) -- contact Radiation Safety at 785-864-2851
- Surplus Chemical Redistribution Web Requests - Chemicals available at no cost to labs
- Hazardous Materials Shipping Web Request
- On-Campus Chemical Transportation Web Request
- Handling and Disposal of Common Wastes List
- Universal Waste Guidance (Lamps & Bulbs, Batteries, Mercury Containing Equipment & Pesticides)
- KU-Hazardous Materials/Waste Manual
Contact Hazardous Materials Services