EHS Online Safety Training
You must manually self-enroll to access content in Blackboard. See self-enrollment instructions below. (Requires KU login/password.)
KU-EHS Safety Training Course Blackboard Self-Enrollment Instructions
- Open another browser tab and log into Blackboard with your KU Online ID.
- Click on the ID Number of the desired course listed in Table 1 below. This will take you to the Browse Course Catalog page in Blackboard.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. Put your cursor on the Course ID.
- Click the arrow and select Enroll from the popup menu. (see Fig. 1, below)
- Enter the Course Access Code and click submit. (see Fig. 2, below)
- The safety course will now appear in your My Courses list in the No Term Assigned section.
|ID Number||Course Name|
|EHS000-001||EHS Safety Training Courses|
|EHS002||ISB EHS Safety Training Course|
|EHS003||School of Engineering EHS Safety Training Courses|
|EHS004||School of Pharmacy EHS Safety Training Courses|
- Log into myKU or MyTalent.ku.edu with your KU ID.
- Click the Employees page.
- Click the MyTalent.ku.edu or locate the Talent Development Login link in the Learning & Development box.
- Open the Learning page by clicking or from the top-left dropdown menu.
- Locate the Find Learning box and click the Browse all courses link.
- Click Browse by Topics --> Environment, Health and Safety
- Select desired course and click the Assign to Me button to take course.
Managers and supervisors can assign EHS safety training courses to their subordinates through the MyTalent portal.
Before logging into Blackboard, make sure that you have a compatible browser. (All GREEN)
Recommended browsers for PC's:
Google Chrome is NOT recommended.
- OS X Safari or later.
Android devices are NOT recommended.
Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader.
Unfortunately course completion certificates cannot be re-printed. Check to see if it was recorded in My Grades. (See Lost Certificates below.)
Did you click FINISH to complete your test attempt? If not, you must complete the test again to receive a score/new certificate.
As an alternative, to completion certificates, you can submit screenshots (PC: ALT+Print Screen MAC: Shift-Command-4) of your My Grades page listing your completed course(s) to your supervisor or instructor.
Please note: emailed course completion score receipts are not course completion certificates. You must print or save your course completion certificate generated at the time you complete your course. Re-prints are not available from the course instructor.
If you are unable to access your course after logging in, please click the REFRESH button (shown below) or log out and back into Blackboard to access the entire site.
After Hours - Contact the KU IT Customer Service Center. Phone: 785-864-8080. Email: email@example.com
Questions regarding EHS training information and programs should be directed to Sean Hadley.
ABSA Animal Care Biosafety Videos
Aerial Lift Safety
Angle Grinder Safety
Art Safety 101
Articulated Ladder Safety
Back Safety 101
Back Safety 102: Back Safety for Custodians, Landscapers, and Maintenance Workers
Biological Safety Cabinets
Building Rooftop Safety
Chemical Fume Hoods
Chemical Segregation and Storage
Circular Saw Safety
Compressed Gas Cylinder Safety
Crane Rigging Safety
Disposable Filtering Respirators
DOT HAZMAT General Awareness
DOT Safety Training for Handling and Transporting Hazardous Materials
EHS Hazard Awareness
Electrical Safety in the Laboratory
Electrical Safety 101
Electrical Safety 201
Fire Safety and Extinguishers
Fire Safety Refresher
Flammables and Explosives Safety
Forklift Operator Safety
General Autoclave Safety
Hand Tool Safety
Hazard Communication and Chemical Safety (non-lab environment)
Hydrofluoric Acid Safety
Lab Protective Barriers
Lab Safety 101
Lab Personal Protective Equipment 101
Ladder Safety 101
Large Equipment Safety
Maintenance Worker Safety
Mammalian Cell Culture Hazards
Metal Shop Safety
Miter Saw Safety
Mobile Ladder Safety
Mold Hazards and Prevention
New Employee Safety Awareness
Noise and Hearing Conservation
Personal Protective Equipment 101
Personal Protective Equipment 201: PPE Selection and Hazard Assessments
Planning for Laboratory Emergencies 101
Power Tool Safety
PRIMUS PSS500 Steam Sterilizer
Safe Handling of Laboratory Glassware
Safety Showers and Eyewash Stations
Single and Extension Ladder Safety
Table Saw Safety
Tuttnauer Autoclave Safe Use and Operations
Understanding Safety Data Sheets and GHS
Utility Cart Safety
Walking and Working Surfaces
Waste Management 101
Working Safely with Pesticides
Working Safely with Scissor Lifts