We are an administrative support unit that reports to the Provost Office through the Senior Associate Vice Provost of Administration under the Vice Provost of Administration and Finance.
We are committed to aiding you in the protection of human health, safety and the environment in a manner that enhances the quality of education, research and public service on our campus.
Our mission is to:
(1) Assist faculty, staff, and students with designing facilities that meet safety requirements and with inculcating and implementing safe practices in the conduct and operation of University programs, activities, and facilities;
(2) Monitor campus activities to assure that Federal, State, Local, and University environmental, health and safety laws, regulations, ordinances, and policies are being followed;
(3) Carry out the assigned management responsibilities associated with the following campus environment, health and safety programs:
- Air Quality (Outdoor & Indoor)
- Asbestos Compliance and Removal
- Environmental Compliance, Protection and Impact Assessments
- Hazardous Materials: Use, Transportation, Disposal, Recycling & Waste Minimization
- Laboratory Safety: General, Biological, & Chemical
- Lead Based Paint Compliance & Removal
- Occupational Safety & Health Assistance
- Pollution Prevention
- Radiation & Laser Safety: Materials Procurement, Use & Disposal
- Water Quality, Storm Water & Wastewater Discharge